ORANGE COUNTY SOFTBALL OFFICIALS ASSOCIATION
CODE OF ETHICS FORM
NFHS/CIF SOUTHERN SECTION CODE OF ETHICS-OFFICIALS
Officials at an inter-scholastic athletic event are participants in the educational development of high school students. As such, they must exercise a high level of self-discipline, independence and responsibility. The purpose of this Code is to establish guidelines for ethical standards of conduct for all inter-scholastic officials. Officials shall:
- Master both the rules of the game and the mechanics necessary to enforce the rules, and shall exercise authority in an impartial, firm, and controlled manner.
- Work with each other, their state association and their sections in a constructive and cooperative manner.
- Uphold the honor and dignity of the profession in all interaction with student athletes, coaches, athletic directors, school administrators, colleagues, and the public.
- Prepare themselves both physically and mentally, shall
dress neatly and
appropriately and shall comport themselves in a manner consistent
the high standards of the profession.
- Be punctual and professional in the fulfilment of all
- Remain mindful that their conduct influences the respect
athletes, coaches, and the public hold for the profession.
- While enforcing the rules of play, remain aware of the
inherent risk of
injury that competition poses to student athletes. Where
they shall inform event management of conditions or situations that
appear unreasonably hazardous.
- Take reasonable steps to educate themselves in the
emergency conditions that might arise during the course of competition.
- Support the principles of umpiring with Honor and
uphold the Six Pillars of Character:
By signing below, I agree to abide by the NFHS/CIF SOUTHERN SECTION CODE OF ETHICS-OFFICIALS